Training > Module 2 | Mastering Business Mediation CSMC-R | CCIG | Online > Course outline | fee | practical info
Specialization Course Outline | Module II
- For professionals wishing to specialize in commercial mediation and/or learn how to effectibvely deal with conflict within or between companies.
- 55 Continuous Professional Development hours (certified by CSMC-R) *
- Live trainings online with an international panel of experts in the field.
- Interactive program with discussions, exercises, role-plays, real time feedback.
- Individual coaching provided.
- Classes from 13.15 / 1.15 PM – 18.30 / 6.30 PM CE(S)T and the 2 full days from 09.15 AM - 18.30 / 6.30 PM CE(S)T
- Dates: May-July 2021
- Number of participants: 21 (maximum)
- Course books (Digital and physical): Toolkit Generating Outcomesas well as Pocket Toolkit for the Commercial Mediator and Pocket Toolkit Mediation Advocacy
- Optional additional performance-based assessment as an immediate follow-up (also online) for mediators wishing to become IMI certified (depending on experience).
- More information here.
- Early registration (more than 1 month before the module starts): € 2’955.00/CHF 3’200.00 (not including VAT, if applicable). Students having taken Module 1 and members of the SCCM or CCIG benefit from a reduced rate of € 2’545.00/CHF 2’755.00 for this module. The fee includes all training materials and a copy of the book: Toolkit Mediation.
- Late registration (one month or less before the module starts): an additional 25% will be added.
- Lectures and group discussions
- Case studies
- Summaries and checklists using practical tools that help to summarize and diagnose key concepts from a commercial mediation perspective (e.g., tools and techniques, steps in the process, interests and positions, focusing on different types of mediation and evaluative v. non-evaluative and a use of a revised Riskin Grid classification system).
- A framework for putting cultural issues (whether national, professional, or corporate) into perspective to help prepare for mediations
- Homework and reading assignments
- Use of videos
- Recording of lectures and own practice / roleplay including trainers feedback
- Practice will be the main focus of this course. Role plays will be used throughout the course:
- for plenary demonstrations (to cover all stages of a commercial mediation process, including post settlement agreement and non-settlement issues)
- for group sessions to practice different aspects at different stages of a commercial mediation process, including managing tough situations.mediation process, including managing tough situations
Online or offline personalized coaching sessions are also available as follow-up.
Before the Course
- A questionnaire will be sent out beforehand to gauge information about the participants’ knowledge, experience and expectations. People may be organized into teams based on this information.
- Given the mix of participants expected [from beginners to mediators with a deep professional experience in mediation in general, as well as lawyers and in-house counsel, an initial online session of 2 hours will be offered online before the course begins.
- The digital book Toolkit Generating Outcomes | Mediation - Negotiation will made available to all course participants and should be reviewed. The partcipants will also receive a physical copy of the book