TRAINING TO BECOME A QUALIFIED MEDIATION ADVOCATE | ADVISOR
- A 4 modules (14-hour) online training to become an internationally qualified mediation advocate | advisor and to learn to negotiate better.
- Live trainings online with an international panel of experts in the field as guest lecturer.
- Interactive program with presentations, discussions, exercises, role-plays, real time feedback.
- Modern digital learning platform for out of class interaction
- Latest developments included in curriculum, international program
- 4 modules from 09.00 am – 12.30 pm CET OR 4.00 pm – 07.30 pm CET (depending of the geographical location of the participants)
- Dates: January 28, February 11, 18, March 4, 2021
- Price: € 970 | $ 1.200,- (excluding VAT, where applicable). Including literature and use of digital learning platform with articles, e-books, interaction with other partricipants during 1 year after the course. Toolkit Company Alumni receive a 10% discount. Early registration (another 10% discount) ends November 30.
- Who should participate: internal and external lawyers and anyone interested in being an effective mediation advocate, or improving their negotiation and communication skills. This highly interactive 2-day master class is for experienced negotiators and litigators wishing to understand how to provide Appropriate Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes for each case.
- Benefits: develop the knowledge, skills and experience to become a qualified mediation advocate.
- Participants who successfully complete this course are eligible for a performance based assessment leading to certification by the International Mediation Institute: IMI Certified Mediation Advocate. Read more here.
Why sign-up for this training?
This is a highly interactive 2-day master class for experienced negotiators and litigators wishing to understand how to provide Appropriate Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes for each case. Seasoned mediation advocates will share and demonstrate best practices, tips and tricks to provide participants with new advocacy skills that are key for mastering the growing field of ADR and that your clients ask for.
80% of corporate clients expect their lawyers to be trained in mediation advocacy. However in practice there is a need for more well-trained mediation advocates: 75% of corporate mediation users have experienced that outside lawyers can be an impediment to the mediation process. This is a pity because mediation success largly depends on mediation advocacy skills of party representatives. Mediation also provides an opportunity to fully address your clients interests, achieve outcomes unattainable in litigation. However it requires different skills to attain those outcomes.
By following this training you can be ahead of the game and make yourself future proof, among others by learning about emerging trends, essential skills and new technologies that will change the dispute resolution landscape.
(2013 IMI corporate users survey, confirmed in other research like ZAM-ACB in NL 2018)
What will you learn?
The basic knowledge of a mediation proces Plus, additional knowledge and skills:
- Strategic choices balancing positional claims that advocate the clients' interests and creating value based on interests
- Techniques and skills to productively support the parties, the mediator and the process to generate outcomes reflecting mutual gain
- Hybrid dispute resolution processes and their advantages/drawbacks
- Checks and balances including reviewing if mediation is still the appropriate method during the process + How to terminate a mediation
- Initiating a mediation, including knowledge of various mediation styles and approaches + mediator selection
- Take advantage of ODR’s full potential (virtual/online mediation)
- Integrate (and embrace?) relevant new technologies
Mediation Advocacy certification for experienced* Mediation Advocates.
When you have experience as a mediation adviser | advocate in at least five mediations (exemptions applicable for mediators) you can apply to be admitted to Toolkit Company’s Qualified Assessment Program to become an IMI Certified Mediation Advocate.
In order to be eligible to become an IMI Certified Mediation Advocate though the Qualifying Assessment Program of Toolkit Company, the applicant must satisfactorily demonstrate knowledge and skills in:
A. Experience of the Mediation Process
B. Knowledge of Mediation Advocacy
C. Practical Mediation Advocacy Skills / Competency
You can read more about the Qualifying Assessment Program here.
Date of training:
January 28, February 11, 18, March 4, 2021 (Early bird rate by Nov 30 | Toolkit alumni)
January 28, February 11, 18, March 4, 2021 (Normal rate (others))
January 28, February 11, 18, March 4, 2021 (Early bird for Toolkit Alumni)
Dates: January 28, February 11, 18, March 4, 2021
Price for the 4 modules: € 970 | $ 1.200,- Toolkit Company Alumni receive a 10% discount. Early registration (another 10% discount) ends November 28.
Choice for AM or PM class (CET)