Specialization Course Outline | Module II
- For professionals wishing to specialize in commercial mediation and/or learn how to effectibvely deal with conflict within or between companies
- 48 Continuous Professional Development hours (certified by CSMC-R) *
- Live trainings online with an international panel of experts in the field.
- Interactive program with discussions, exercises, role-plays, real time feedback.
- Individual coaching provided.
- Classes from 14.00 / 2 PM – 18.00 / 6 PM CEST.
(except for August 31 where the class runs from 13.30 / 1.30PM - 17.30 /5.30 PM CEST) adn the introductory class on August 23rd which runs from 14.00 / 2 PM - 15.30 / 3.30 PM CEST).
- 12 modules of 4 hours each (including breaks). New starting date 27th August, with an introductory class to familiarize yourself to working with zoom and our digital learning environment on 23rd August 2020.
- Introduction class Sunday 23rd August 14.00 / 2 PM – 16.00 / 4.00 PM CEST
- August: 27, 29, 31, September: 3, 7, 11, 14, 18, 23, October: 1, 7
- Optional bonus class: 8 October 13.30 / 1.30 PM - 19.00 / 7 PM CEST
- Number of participants: 21 (maximum)
- Course books (Digital and physical): Toolkit Generating Outcomesas well as Pocket Toolkit for the Commercial Mediator and Pocket Toolkit Mediation Advocacy
- Optional additional performance-based assessment as an immediate follow-up for mediators wishing to become IMI certified or otherwise qualified (depending on experience) can be done online. (Additional fee for CSMC-R – CCIG Members CHF 800 and Non-Members CHF 950).
- For more information please contact us.
* Number of hours including bonus class. Swiss CPD: 63 hours of 45 minutes; international 48 hours of 60 minutes CPD internationally.
For CSMC/SKWM & FSM & CCIG members and TC Online Basic Mediator Course Alumni (Signed up by August 15th2020)
CHF 2,350.00 | € 2,222.00
Others (Signed up by August 15th2020)
CHF 2,925.00 | € 2,750,00
Late rate for CSMC/SKWM & FSM & CCIG members and TC Online Basic Mediator Course Alumni (Sign up after August 15th 2020)
CHF 2,585.00 | € 2,444,00
Late rate others (Sign up after August 15th 202020):
CHF 3,220.00 | € 3,025,00
- Lectures and group discussions
- Case studies
- Summaries and checklists using practical tools that help to summarize and diagnose key concepts from a commercial mediation perspective (e.g., tools and techniques, steps in the process, interests and positions, focusing on different types of mediation and evaluative v. non-evaluative and a use of a revised Riskin Grid classification system).
- A framework for putting cultural issues (whether national, professional, or corporate) into perspective to help prepare for mediations
- Homework and reading assignments
- Use of videos
- Recording of lectures and own practice / roleplay including trainers feedback
- Practice will be an important part of this course. Role plays will be used throughout the course:
- for plenary demonstrations (to cover all stages of a commercial mediation process, including post settlement agreement and non-settlement issues)
- for group sessions to practice different aspects at different stages of a commercial mediation process, including managing tough situations.mediation process, including managing tough situations
- There is also the opportunity for a distant learning, home-study option
Follow-up and potential IMI accreditation for mediators with at least 20 cases of experience
After the training participants who would like to go for certification have several options for add on modules that lead to certification.
- An additional performance based assessment will be offered for the price of CHF 800/assessment for CSMC & FSM members or CHF 950/assessment for non-CSMC-FSM | CCIG members, who may wish to become certified by the International Mediation Institute (IMI).
- An assessed role play can be conducted face to face, blended, or online, (using the (using the Toolkit/ACB IMI tool).
Online or offline personalized coaching sessions are also available as follow-up.
Before the Course
- A questionnaire will be sent out beforehand to gauge information about the participants’ knowledge, experience and expectations. People may be organized into teams based on this information.
- Given the mix of participants expected [from beginners to mediators with a deep professional experience in mediation in general, as well as lawyers and in-house counsel, an initial online session of 2 hours will be offered online before the course begins.
- The digital book Toolkit Generating Outcomes | Mediation - Negotiation will made available to all course participants and should be reviewed. The partcipants will also receive a physical copy of the book