Program Day 3: start 09.00
Module 5: Training execution Part 3: lead-in, conducting, coaching (feedback) and debriefing role-plays.
- Update and improve on your training agenda and content.
- Prepare a role-play and a facilitation with lead-in, conducting, coaching and debriefing (feedback plenary and in small working groups/one on one) role-plays.
A checklist debriefing role plays, and introducing role plays is provided.
- Execution of the training: conducting, coaching and debriefing (feedback) on role-plays.
- Review of trainers process interventions and methods.
LUNCH 13.00 – 14.00
Module 6: Training execution Part 4 conducting, coaching (feedback) and debriefing role plays with video and co-training.
- Conducting, coaching and debriefing (feedback) role-plays with the help of a video demonstration. Together with a co-trainer. .
- Facilitation with lead-in, conducting, coaching (feedback) and debriefing for: an exercise, fish bowl demonstration, a case study or storytelling.
End of day 3: 19.00 / 19.30: Home work: update your learning goals, what will you do differently next time? What went well? If necessary further prepare the exercise that you will execute the next day and think about a special interest topic that you want to work on (presentation, game, micro skills, fish bowl, video demonstration, etc.) as well as what kind of training module you will do for your assessment.
Program Day 4: start 09.00
Module 7: Training execution Part 5: lead-in, conducting, coaching (feedback) and debriefing an exercise or presenting case studies.
- Conducting, coaching and debriefing (feedback) your chosen module followed by plenary critique.
- Think about challenging situations during training, what are your personal nightmares. Checklist how to prepare for a training program, including AV devices, logistics and materials.
- Choose in consultation with the trainer a module to execute for your assessment on day 5.
(an exercise, role play, presentation, game, micro skills, presentation, Q&A, demonstration or fish bowl)
LUNCH 13.00 – 14.00
Module 8: Special interest topics and dealing with logistics. – prepare for your assessment
- Dealing with challenging situations including AV-devices and other tools and unexpected issues. Checklist dealing with deadlocks and resistance in a training is provided.
- Nothing goes according to plan …
- Group dynamics
- Dealing with difficult participants or problematic groups, dealing with resistance or deadlocks.
- Dealing with a difficult co-trainer.
- Other …
- Closing a training.
- Evaluating a training and your personal performance. Update your personal action plan.
- Anchoring and practice: where do you go from here, take-a way’s from this course.
End of day 4: approx. 19.00 (including major part of the preparation for teh assessment)
Home work: Prepare for your assessment, submit a description of your training with training objectives (for potential trainees) as well as your training agenda to the facilitator. Your training agenda and design forms an important part of your assessment and will be
critiqued by the assessor.