Program Day 1: start 09.00
- Introduction, expectation management and program.
- Basic concepts of adult education, part 1.
Module 1:” You as a professional trainer” Trainers attitude and competence profile of a trainer
Individual style, personality, inspiration, personal strength power, expectations, pitfalls and opportunities for further development.
- Trainers attitude, discussion, test and start of your personal trainers log book
- Competence profile of a trainer:
Your personal strengths and weaknesses as a trainer, and personal development plan.
- Preparation for the presentation of your training agenda including an ice-breaker
(what do you plan to do and why, review the design choices that you have made)
LUNCH 13.00 – 14.00
Module 2: Getting started training execution Part 1: even a voyage of 10.000 miles begins with the first step and needs careful preparation.
- Presentation of your training agenda including opening of your course and ice-breakers, execution and critique, review design choices.
- Review of several training agenda’s.
- Refine or redefine your personal learning goals and strengths and weaknesses as a trainer.
Q&A - End of day 1: 19.00 / 19.30: Home work: Checklist training design including dealing with logistics.
Program Day 2: start 09.00
Module 3: Training theory and background, training execution: presentation, rationale, goals and objectives.
Design and structure of a mediation training module, agenda, teaching goals, teaching methods according to learning styles, educational tools, structuring.
- Basic concepts of adult education, part 2.
- Refine your training agenda. Design your training program. Structure the agenda, structure subjects and define your teaching goals, plan for use of several teaching methods/formats to reach your teaching objectives.
One on one consultation with trainer where needed. A checklist training design is provided as a support tool.
- Presentation of your training program to explain what’s in it for your students and what they can expect including training objectives and goals.
LUNCH 13.00 – 14.00
Module 4: Training execution Part 2: presentation, lead-in and facilitating a discussion and Q&A session.
- Execute your training.
- Lead -in, plenary discussion and Q&A session on a topic that is dealt with in an early stage of the mediation training.
- The start of your training, presentation and facilitating a discussion and Q&A module.
Q&A - End of day 2: 19.00 / 19.30: Home work: further prepare for executing your training part for the next day.