About training and dispute resolution professionals > About Manon Schonewille > Recent conferences and invited lectures > Conferences and invited lectures 2010 - 2012
Archive Conferences, Presentations and Invited Lectures
- Mediation in Greece and the European Union, the stages of a mediation process, EU funded project managed by ERA, Thessaloniki, Greece, November 24.
- Wirtschaftkontaktstudium, Duale Hochschule Baden-Wuertemberg, DHBW, Modul VIII Interkulturelle Mediation , Ravensburg, Germany, 15-17 November.
- Qualifizierung zum Wirtschaftsmediator (IHK) Modul VIII Interkulturelle Mediation, Munich, Germany. IHK (chamber of Commerce), October 4.
- MASTERING CO-MEDIATION. Co-mediation in an intercultural context. CSMC/SCCM, Swiss Chamber of Commercial Mediation, Solothurn, Switzerland, September 20. APPROPRIATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) HYBRIDS AND COMBINING NEUTRALS: Can mediators, conciliators and arbitrators work together to assist parties in reaching faster, cheaper and/or better outcomes?
- 10th International Mediation Interest Group, IMIG, Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland, September 3. Co-chair together with Jeremy Lack (CH). IX. International Post-Graduate Course MAKING AND SAVING DEALS, ADR Center Fondazione, Milano, Italy, 9-13 July.
- Credentialing Mediation Advocacy Knowledge & Skills. An update on IMI’s work-in-progress on developing a competency certification for mediation advocates, IMI Board, The Hague Netherlands, May 14.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION DESIGN 2.0 - A SYSTEMS ENGINEERING FRAMEWORK FOR ADR PROCESSES IN COMPLEX DISPUTES, workshop ABA 14th Annual Spring Conference of the Dispute Resolution Section, ABA, Washington, USA, 20 April, together with Dr. Ross Sydney and Lorraine Lopich.
- INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE (“IC”) WORKSHOP of the Dispute Resolution Section, ABA, Washington, USA, 21 April, together with co-chair Jeremy Lack. CHALLENGING NORMALITIES.
- Mediation in Europa: gleich, aber verschieden … Opening Speech. Europaische Universitat VIADRINA, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany.
- JUDGES IN ADR Conference, Improving On-line Resources and Trainings for Judicial Referral to Mediation in the European Union, ADR Center, Rome, Italy, February 3. Specific Programme “Civil Justice” 2007-2013, established by the European Parliament and the Council. *
- MASTERING MEDIATION, MEDIATION MASTERS, Mediation as an academic discipline, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2 February.
- WERKCONFERENTIE GEDRAGSCODE EERLIJKE HANDELSPRAKTIJKEN, TISCO, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2 December.
- BEST MEDIATION PRACTICES EXPERT GROUP, Milano, Italy, 7 November.
- CRITICAL JUNCTURES IN CROSS-BORDER MEDIATION. Toolkit Board Game, Conference Intercultural Mediation, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 4 October, together with Jeremy Lack.
- THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EU DIRECTIVE and critical junctures in cross-border commercial mediation. MASTER CLASS STUDENTS FOR EXCELLENT TRACE STUDENTS Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 3 October 2011, together with Jeremy Lack
- THE POTENTIAL OF THE PROMISE IN A RELATIVE MULTIVERSE… Conference Mediation, an answer to consumer needs? Openign Speech RIAD - International Association of Legal Protection Insurance, Verona, Italy, 30 September.
- INTERCULTURAL MANAGEMENT, DHBW International Business School, Ravensburg, Germany, 11-13 July.
- MASTERING NEGOTIATION, KOOPERATIVES VERHANDELN, Modul IV Kontaktstudium Wirtschaftsmediation 2011 DHBW, Ravensburg, Germany, 14,15 July. MASTERING NEGOTIATION & INTRODUCTION TO COMMERCIAL MEDIATION, DHBW International, Business School, Ravensburg, Germany, 16, 18-19 July.
- VIII. International Post-Graduate Course MAKING AND SAVING DEALS, ADR Center Fondazione, Milano, Italy, 20-22 June.
- Towards an International Conflict Management Facility on Corporate Social Responsibility, CSR EXPERT MEETING, World Legal Forum (WLF), The Hague, The Netherlands, 14 June.
- ABA 13th Annual Spring Conference of the Dispute Resolution Section, ABA, Denver, USA, 13-16 April.
- TOOLKIT BOARD GAME, Legal Educators Colloquium, ABA 13th Annual Spring Conference of the Dispute Resolution Section, ABA, Denver, USA, 16 April.
- CROSS BORDER MEDIATION. Opening speech ERA Conference, Trier, Germany, March 24, 2011.
- MEDIATION PRACTICES AROUND THE WORLD. Union of Turkish Bars. Ankara, Turkey, 11 March 2011.
- CRITICAL JUNCTURES IN MEDIATING HIGH STAKE DISPUTES. MASTERCLASS FOR ADVANCED MEDIATORS. Molengraaff Instituut voor Privaatrecht Universiteit Utrecht Utrecht, The Netherlands, 3 December.
- MEDIATION IN A GLOBAL VILLAGE. Cross-cultural and International Aspects of Mediation and Negotiation. DHBW Ravensburg. Ravensburg, Germany 22 October.
- Mediation in Civil and Commercial Disputes. IBJ, BBMC, ADR Center, VOBA, PMR Europe. Brussels, Belgium 17 September. *
- ADR & MEDIATION ADVOCACY FROM THE USER’S PERSPECTIVE. 9th International Mediation Interest Group Meeting. WIPO. Geneva, Switzerland 9 September.
- CROSSING BORDERS. 4th International Summer School on Business Mediation. ISBM 2010. IFF, Kulturkonflikt. Admont, Austria 19-23 July
- TOOLS & TECHNIQUES OF THE BUSINESS MEDIATOR. Guest lecture. Hague University. The Hague, The Netherlands, 1 June.
- MEDIATION AND CIVIL SOCIETY IN EUROPE. 3rd European Mediators Conference. CEM, EMNI. Paris, France, 28 June. *
- STAND DER UMSETZUNG DER MEDIATIONSRICHTLINIE IN AUGEWÄHLTEN LÄNDERN DER EU. 61. DEUTSCHER ANWALTSTAG, DAV, Aachen, Germany, 13-14 May.*
- ABA 12th Annual Spring Conference of the Dispute Resolution Section, ABA, San Francisco, USA, 7-10 April. “LAWYERS IN ADR” Symposium, Utrecht University, NVVMA, ADRC, as part of the EU EUROPEAN COMMISSION SPONSORED PROJECT CICIL JUSTICE. Utrecht, The Netherlands, April 22. *
- DEAL FACILITATION, USING MEDIATION TECHNIQUES AND A NEUTRAL IN NEGOTIATION, Conference Preventive Mediation. Utrecht University & Hogeschool, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 20 April.
- “LAWYERS IN ADR” Conference, MEDIATION OF CIVIL AND COMMERCIAL DISPUTES, ADRC, Thessaloniki Bar, as part of the EU EUROPEAN COMMISSION SPONSORED PROJECT. Thessaloniki, Greece, 25 February. *
- Managing Risks and Getting Results: How to Use Mediation Effectively in International Business Disputes. ICC, ABA. Paris, France, 11 February. *
- MEDIATION PRACTICES AROUND THE WORLD & MEDIATION EDUCATION IN THE NETHERLANDS. Ankara Bar Law Symposium. Ankara Bar, Ankara, Turkey, 14-15 January.
* Part of the Lawyers in ADR EC funded project in the context of the Specific Programme “Civil Justice” 2007-2013